TWIST Top News
Intercultural summit meeting, 17 Feb 17.
Not only globalization but also a growing amount of international employees in German companies make it necessary for all of us to increase our practice-oriented knowledge of cultural differences.
TWIST brought together four of the most prestigious scientists, whose research involves intercultural topics at the work place, on 17th Feb 2017 in Munich:
Prof. Geert Hofstede, Prof. Gert-Jan Hofstede, Prof. Michael Minkov and Prof. Felix Brodbeck presented the newest of cultural research at the LMU Munich. Afterwards, practitioners and researchers collected ideas concerning the question: Which of these research findings are really relevant for our day-to-day work and especially for our work as human resource specialists?
The day ended joyously with songs from all around the world in the TWIST office.
TWIST 25th Anniversary 2015
In October TWIST celebrated its 25th anniversary! For this over 140 TWIST friends, colleagues, partners and clients from all over the world came and danced with us to South American rhythms at the English Garden in Munich. Here's to another 25 years!
wirtschaft+weiterbildung 04/2017: "A better understanding for Cultural Rules of the Game", Nisch, S. & Zikeli, M.
Introduction to the online test "Culture in the Workplace Questionnaire" which assesses Hofestede's cultural dimensions and helps consultants discover the cultural preferences of their clients.
wirtschaft+weiterbildung 02/2017: "Intercultural Leadership" Harss, C.
This article illuminates Hofstede's cultural dimensions and their relevance for leadership in a global environment.
Wirtschaftspsychologie Aktuell 2/2015: "Sensitivity for other cultures - how to measure intercultural competence"
Due to globalization intercultural competence of employees has become more and more important, with intercultural competence being difficult to define and measure. The Twist Consulting Group has therefore developed a valid test for assessment centres., having started with literature and method research and a trial version in 2004. Since 2015 the Twist Intercultural Competence Test (TICT) is available as an online and paper pencil version, measuring the sensitivity for other cultures, previous intercultural experience, language skills, intercultural interest and their willingness to go abroad.
TWIST cooperation with ITAP, the international network
ITAP conference in Dublin
Prof. Geert Hofstede – the guru of intercultural science, well-known from his IBM study – was keynote speaker in Dublin. Participants came from all over the world. He formulated a self-critical statement, one that only a person of his status can make: "You know, intercultural science tells us most about the cultural origin and values of the scientist."
During the international conference in Dublin, many of the ITAP members presented their cultural expertise:
- TWIST consultant Claudia Wabel talked about TWIST's engagement in Eastern Europe, focus on Russia, for example with international roll-outs, in diagnostics or intercultural sensitivity workshops for Russian and German managers.
- ITAP colleagues Shi Bisset, China, Lynn Hunt, South Africa, and Pradeep Arora, India, focussed on the development of their specific markets.
- ITAP consultants Saehi Han, Kora, and Cass Mercer Bing, USA, have explained how they have accompanied a merger between a US and Korean corporation.
- Lynn Hunt from South Africa presented her scientific results about corporate values, climate models and intercultural differences. Main message: Culture does matter.
- Stephen Martin from ITAP UK has presented a competency model that he designed for Deutsche Bank. The project was rolled out worldwide. Sonja Nitsch from TWIST has delivered the German part.